When you get the memo that you will be hosting the family holidays this year in Falls Church, it is normal to be a little stressed. Before you start to panic about how you’ll get everything done, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
No matter if you are having five or 50 relatives over for the holidays, these tips can help prepare you and your home to effortlessly look calm and collected.
- A storage-packed island will allow you to utilize maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes clean up simple so you have more time for the good stuff.
- The holidays are a great time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are everywhere.
- Now is a great time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Falls Church to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and comfortable holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through the brisk season in Falls Church, it is hard to find vibrant colors besides your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food completes the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Falls Church every year. If you don’t like cooking, have a little fun looking for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may not get much use throughout the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you’re gearing toward elegant or festive, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Get creative and add tables, chairs or even a bench with extra storage. Make this a special space for your family to enjoy the holidays, and spend time together throughout the year.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, only do what you can and still make time with your loved ones. With the help of these tips, your home will be safe and comfortable. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Falls Church than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more tips on making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, stop in to see our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Falls Church showroom or call us at 301-354-3689.