In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a wonderful way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your house. What is the purpose of your space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for years to come.
- Forget to consider the budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 301-354-3689, check out our Falls Church showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.