Cooler temps are heading our way in Falls Church and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Falls Church winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella MidAtlantic team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Falls Church.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Falls Church a call at 301-354-3689 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.