The Retail Sales Consultant is responsible for presenting the Pella Promise for a completely satisfying turn-key installation of replacement windows to homeowners. Achieve individual sales goals through assertively presenting a compelling case for customers to choose Pella. Understand customer wants and needs, and translate our product offerings to match. Strive for a first-time close and plan for and deliver effective follow up on the rest. Proactively seek out new referrals through customer relationship networking. Continually strive for a 100% “Very Satisfied” customer experience every time.
The Retail Sales Consultants (RSC) primary duty is closing sales through consistent and effective delivery of our proven selling model. The RSC is required to:
- Adopt and deliver a structured sales presentation.
- Prepare and present a price quote before leaving every appointment.
- Follow up and respond to all customer questions within 24 hours.
- Be available for customer appointments during evenings and Saturdays, in addition to weekday hours.
- Achieving individual sales and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Effectively presenting Pella solutions to customers by executing the Pella Retail Sales Process during the in-home consultation.
- Striving to close the sale during all customer interactions.
- Ensuring quotes and orders are accurate following company sales process.
- Responding to customer concerns and engaging sales support resources to achieve first-time resolution on all customer problems/issues.
- Maintaining exceptional level of expertise of products/services relating to Pella’s customers, as well as staying abreast of the competitive landscape.
- Maintaining exceptional level of expertise of products/services relating to Pella’s customers.
- Conducting after-sale follow up with customers and developing lead and referral generation.
- Actively represent Pella at company sponsored events, invitations to discuss and/or present Pella products, and/or home shows.
- Strong customer database systems tools capabilities leveraged to manage all customer interactions and proactively communicate to customers.
- Able to quickly earn trust and credibility with customers
- Provide superb customer service and generate referrals from one customer to others
- Skilled at relating to a variety of customers- balances poise and integrity with a service mentality
- Able to negotiate, build value and address objections towards closing a sale
- Works collaboratively with Pella team members and customers
- Enjoys working in fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency
- Able to grasp technical concepts related to general construction
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Energized by meeting and engaging new people, skilled networker
- Demonstrates confidence balanced with humility
- Tenacious, able to persevere through sales challenges and setbacks
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, flexible about hours, responsive to customer needs, willing to be available
- Excellent influencer- can sell something new, shift paradigms, conveys the value proposition
- Seeks out internal experts and utilizes their knowledge
- Adaptable to changing processes and priorities
- Works well without close supervision but always keeps their manager informed.
- Focused on details and follow through
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and smart devices, and ability to learn internal software programs and applications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual’s motor vehicle record must also comply with company requirements. Must have the ability to manage multiple-tasks in an environment of constant interruptions and be able to prioritize responsibilities.
Language and Communication Skills
Ability to read and analyze documents related to contracts and work documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to verbally present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, and the general public.
Must present a clean and neat physical appearance and strictly abide by company dress code serving as a role model for other employees, customer and visitors.
Ability to solve practical and arithmetic problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to drive an automobile, stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment varies between low to moderate in administrative offices and to moderate on constructions sites.
The vast majority of travel will be local. Must be able to drive to showrooms, job sites and customer/contractor locations and required company functions at various locations.